The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving customer issues as they relate to Afilias registry services.
Under minimal supervision, provides user support, general problem analysis and resolution, technical assistance, and training for registry services. Acts as Subject Matter Expert and represents Technical Support in related projects, including producing documentation. May lead or guide the work of others.
This position forms part of a 24x7x365 team with a rotating shift schedule. Working hours for Australia office would be between 8am to 8pm AEST Monday-Friday. Analyst may be required to work overnights, weekends and all statutory holidays and compensated accordingly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 24x7x365 customer support of our domain name registries and managed DNS customers.
- Prompt resolution of application/system problems including determining root cause of problem through to appropriate solution.
- Keeping customers apprised of work effort being conducted to resolve their issues within our service level agreements.
- Regular monitoring and follow up of trouble tickets.
- Actively contribute to a growing knowledge base that improves the effectiveness of the team and the information available to our customers (wiki)
- Consulting with appropriate member of the IT and/or Development team in order to resolve customer issues.
- Escalate to Team Leaders and/or Customer Support Manager when appropriate.
- Prepare customer and management reports as required.
- Represent and provide input from Technical Support in projects as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Interpersonal Skills Required
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills (verbal & written)
- Self motivated and enthusiastic team player who possesses exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Positive outlook motivates other to do their best in all situations.
- Ability to take ownership and follow through to appropriate resolution
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to deal effectively with constant change and conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and prioritizing tasks
- Independent, thorough and efficient
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a Technical/Customer Support in a 24x7x365 mission critical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools.
- Experience working in a windows based environment and knowledge of related applications
- Practical experience using Linux/Unix an asset
- Excellent understanding of internet based applications
- Excellent knowledge of domain name services (DNS)
- Experience in working with ticketing systems and knowledge bases
- Experience in providing support within a UNIX /Linux based environment an asset.
- Experience with the following would be an asset:
- EPP Protocol
- SQL, PostgreSQL
- Java Applications
If you would like to apply for the position please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.