In Part 2 of our series on successful blog writing for business, you’ll learn how to improve the ranking of the blogs you’ve written so that you can see a jump in traffic to your website through your blogs. There are other ways to boost your ranking by updating your website, but in today’s post we’ll focus on blogs.
How do you improve your blog’s ranking?
You’ve written your blog and noticed that it is not getting the attention that you hoped it would. Checking your social media stats you see that it is trending well considering your audience size, so what can you do to improve your blog’s impressions?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can seem like a super technical way to improve your impressions (which it definitely can be!), but there are some simpler techniques you can take advantage of to increase your ranking. Neil Patel sets out 6 easy to follow techniques to help you get started:
1. Research what’s ranking in the search terms you want to rank in - This is the most straightforward technique where you’ll use the research to edit or write new blogs in line with the results.
2. Optimise for on-page SEO - On-page SEO is what search engines look for that readers most likely won’t notice. This would include keywords in your image files or headers.
3. Optimise for technical SEO - Technical SEO includes errors like slow load times that might annoy users when trying to read your blog. Improve these and see better rankings.
4. Get backlinks - Backlinks are links back to your website from external sites. This shows search engines that your information is trustworthy and improves your ranking. Look to see if your blog appears elsewhere and think about how you can update the information in your blogs.
5. Create helpful content - This technique might seem obvious but it can often be overlooked. Having a blog that’s helpful improves engagement which influences rankings.
6. Use the AIDA model - Awareness, Interest, Desire, Action. Use this model to structure your writing.
You will probably find the first 2 techniques of researching keywords to use in your blogs and updating the on-page SEO the easiest to add to your repertoire as they fit in with the research and writing steps the best. If you’re interested in learning more about setting out an SEO strategy, you’ll find our blog on creating a strategy useful.
By combining these techniques you should see an improvement in your rankings. Having a .au domain will also show your customers that the content on your blog is catered for the Australian market and that your business is firmly established in Australia.
Have a question, some feedback or idea for a future blog post? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.